Travel Channel

The Travel Channel was started on February 1, 1987; it had been founded by TWA advertising Services (a subsidiary of Trans World Airlines), presumably to improve airline patronage. The channel’s title was originated from the travel-related filler programming which aired between apps on the Home Theater Network. TWA purchased the name rights from Group W Satellite Communications in 1986, also took over HTN’s transponder place following the shutdown of this premium cable channel in January 1987. [two ] In 1997 the network was later sold to Landmark Communications, then-owner of The Weather Channel, and to Paxson Communications.
As of February 2015, Travel Channel is available to around 91.5 million families (78.6percent of households with television) from the United States.

It sports documentaries, reality, and how-to shows related to travel and leisure around the United States and around the world. Programming has included shows on African animal safaris, tours of expansive hotels and resorts, visits to significant cities and towns across the Earth, programming about various foods across the Earth, and programming about ghosts and the paranormal in notable buildings.

Discovery Communications obtained a 70% ownership stake in the channel in 1997, and then acquired the remaining 30% interest from Paxson in 1999. In May 2007, Discovery Communications sold Travel Channel into Cox Enterprises subsidiary Cox Communications as part of a larger multibillion-dollar trade.
Travel Channel (stylized as Trvl Channel since 2018) is a American pay television channel that is owned by Discovery, Inc.. , which had formerly owned the channel from 1997 to 2007.